Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Painting in the snow.

Yikes!!!!

I really wasn't prepared for this. This weekend there was snow all around Prague, so I decided to go adventure myself and try my first plein air in Stromovka.
I put on a lot of clothes (or so I thought)... 2 pairs of socks, a polar fleece with a sweatshirt on top and a t-shirt in between and some thin gloves (so that I could put my vinyl gloves over them). I went with my back down the steep hill towards Stromovoka and was surprised not to see anyone with a bike. (little did I know...).. Well, I found out the hard way that the reason there were no bikes in the park was the fact that it is impossible to pedal, brake or do any sudden move over ice.. Yes...I fell! But I fell gracefully..so to say :D

Well, I got to a little spot that has this sort of little house or bunker and it was covered with snow. I had to paint that beautiful melancholic scene. 
The first 20 minutes were alright, but after 40 minutes I couldn't feel my painting hand anymore and it was time to move. I need to find a better way to paint in the snow and be able to hold it for a while.

Anyway, here's my cold attempt at the scene :)

No comments:

Post a Comment