Thursday, January 28, 2016

A new alla prima study.

Yesterday, I was once again at the school where I teach for a quick figure painting session and made a sketch of the model. It's interesting that some models do not work fully nude (which actually helps in understanding muscle relations and anatomy), so you have to go with what you are given. I really like the school where I teach though, and the director Sergey, is brilliant.
The model of yesterday had this sort of Eastern European princess look to her. If you open an old illustration book, she kind of reminds you of that. there is nothing like working from the real model.
Anyway, here goes my sketch (40x30) (sorry for the awful phone picture, but I left the painting at the school to dry). Just remember, that if you are interested in any of my works, feel free to send me an email :)



No comments:

Post a Comment